The Da Vinci Science Center (DSC) is a national award-winning nonprofit organization that has brought science to life and lives to science since 1992.
The Center’s hands-on exhibits, programs, and partnership efforts present the STEM subjects of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics to kids informally, playfully, and in ways that relate to their popular interests. These active and engaging experiences awaken interest, promote fundamental skills, and inspire students to consider exciting STEM careers that meet growing industry demands. The Center also promotes creativity, artistry, and current-day applications of qualities of greatness embodied by Leonardo da Vinci and the innovators who have succeeded him.
The Center served a record total of 142,743 participants in its latest fiscal year ending June 30, 2016, and its annual participation has increased by 73 percent since 2011.
To be a visionary leader and partner advancing science learning, quality of life, and economic development in the Lehigh Valley area by:
Delivering Enjoyable Experiences for Families
Providing Leadership in STEM Education Throughout the Area
- School field trips for grades Pre-K-12
- Outreach programs at schools and community locations
- Professional programs for teachers rated among the nation’s 20 best by the U.S. Department of Education
Inspiring an Outstanding 21st Century Workforce
Contributing to Social and Economic Vitality
- Motivating and educating members of the future STEM workforce
- Inventor’s Lab Program, which inspires students to innovate and has helped three students earn full or provisional U.S. Patents
- Annual operating budget of $3 million with 40 year-round and 25 seasonal staff positions
Our Efforts to Reach the Underserved
Our Legal Information
- Legal Name: The Da Vinci Discovery Center of Science and Technology, Inc.
- Federal Tax ID Number with IRS 501(c)(3) Status: 23-2824084
- Reports, financial statements, and disclosures available on Da Vinci Science Center website