Type of Position: Internship
The Da Vinci Science Center offers Marketing and Communications (MCOM) Internships that provide practical, resume-building experience and opportunities to make an important impact on a spirited, growing nonprofit organization by contributing professional-level work. The Center also is able to help students earn credit from their colleges and universities.
MCOM Internship Opportunities
- Video Production: Producing video content for promotional purposes
- Digital Media Content: Developing, planning, producing, and coordinating content for the Center’s digital media platforms – including its website and social media properties
- Digital Media Design: Creating consistent and branded e-mail templates that are compatible with the Center’s chosen service provider
MCOM Internship Details
- Interns must be active college students; juniors and seniors preferred
- Preferred Majors: Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, English, all majors related to media production
- Internships include on-site work and the potential for off-site work
- Each intern must hold a valid driver’s license and complete background checks
- Spring Session: Jan. 2-May 15; Application Deadline: Dec 10
- Summer Session: May 16-Aug. 31; Application Deadline: April 10
- Fall Session: Sept. 1-Dec. 15; Application Deadline: April 10
- Multiple-session and full-year internships are available
These internship opportunities demonstrate the spectrum of nonprofit marketing and communications, including several opportunities to be creative and support responsibilities. These positions call for a versatile self-starters with solid communications and interpersonal skills who can process information quickly, work efficiently, and attend to the smallest details of work quality. The Da Vinci Discovery Center of Science and Technology, Inc. (or “Da Vinci Science Center”) is an equal employment opportunity employer under terms of federal, state, and local laws.