Winter Break Day Camp
2017 Winter Break Day Camps To Be Announced
Experience live animal encounters, engineering challenges, coding, and more with Da Vinci Science Center single-day Winter Break Camps. Museum educators inspire campers to think creatively, be curious, and learn through their own observations and discoveries. Camps are for students in grades K-5. Spaces are limited and pre-registration is required.
2016 Winter Break Day Camps
Tuesday, Dec. 27, 2016 – Frozen Fractals All Around
Explore what makes snow and ice so COOL and how humans and other animals have adapted to survive extreme temperatures. Highlights: Warm “ice” crystals; melting snowman activity; and a live science show featuring real arctic sled dogs.
Wednesday, Dec. 28, 2016 – Ice Is My Life
Explore engineering challenges, examine the properties of ice, and take a look at some of the coldest substances in the known universe. Highlights: Build an “ice” palace challenge; icy orb exploration; Colder than ice: dry ice and liquid nitrogen; and a live science show with animals from the Center for Aquatic Sciences at the Adventure Aquarium.
Thursday, Dec. 29, 2016 – Let It Go!
We just can’t hold it back anymore! Do some of our favorite winter-inspired science experiments. Explore the aurora borealis, cold chemistry, and how “cool” coding can be. Highlights: Hour of Code Challenge (with Anna and Elsa if you prefer); experiments with optics and colors of light; investigate cold chemistry; and a live science show from the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania.
Winter Break Day Camp Details
- All camps take place from 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Each day includes a short recess break in the morning, a lunch break, and a short afternoon recess.
- Parents may purchase lunch and snacks for breaks for an additional charge.
- Pizza lunch from Domino’s can be added for an additional charge or lunch from Chick-fil-A can be added for an additional charge.
- Morning and afternoon snacks can be added for an additional charge.
- Morning care activities from 7:30-9 a.m. can be added for an additional charge.
- Afternoon care activities from 4-5:30 p.m. can be added for an additional charge.
Contact @DSC: Tyler Groft, 484.664.1002, Ext. 105