Senior Science Mondays
Senior Science Mondays provide the unique opportunity to explore health topics in depth with experts from different healthcare fields. This program is presented by St. Luke’s University Health Network and includes an hour-long presentation by a St. Luke’s expert, along with light refreshments and a full day of exploring the Center with a membership or reduced admission.
- RSVP suggested. Limited space available.
- Senior Science Mondays are for adults ages 55 and up.
- Live presentations at the Da Vinci Science Center from 1 p.m. – 2 p.m. on select Mondays.
- Light refreshments are provided.
- Programs are included with membership or special $5.00 admission on program dates.
January 22, 2018
- Topic: Minimally Invasive Surgery
- St. Luke’s Presenter: Peter Lundberg, M.D., Bariatric Fellow
- Details: Dr. Lundberg will discuss the most common procedures done at St. Luke’s, why we do them for healthy living, and modern technology that allows surgeons to do major operations with minimal trauma to the patient. Plus, don’t miss tips for those interested in pursuing medicine as a career.
February 26, 2018
- Topic: My Aching Leg
- St. Luke’s Presenter: Joel C. Rosenfeld, M.D., M.Ed., FACS, Chief Academic Officer
- Details: Dr. Rosenfeld will discuss the poor circulation in the context of the inner workings of our cardio vascular system.
March 19, 2018
- Topic: Stroke: From A to Z
- St. Luke’s Presenter: Daniel Ackerman, M.D., Director of Stroke and Vascular Neurology
- Details: Dr. Ackerman will take participants on a fascinating journey to reveal what a stroke really is and some of the many ways that this change in the brain can affect a person. From stroke risk and prevention, through symptoms and evaluation, to rehab and recovery, Dr. Ackerman will cover the crucial points that everyone needs to know.
April 9, 2018
- Topic: Reduce Your Risk of Falling
- St. Luke’s Presenter: Jesse Buggey, PT, DPT, OCS
- Details: Jesse Buggey will discuss how to reduce your fall risk and improve your strength and stability using the Biodex Balance System offered at Physical Therapy at St. Luke’s. Join us for this presentation and try the Biodex Balance System for yourself!