H/Experiences/Boy Scout Day: Sustainability Badge (Parts 1 and 2)
Boy Scout Day: Sustainability Badge (Parts 1 and 2)
Da Vinci Science Center staff members lead Scouts through all of the requirements of earning the Sustainability Badge using developed curriculum and supervision from a merit badge counselor. Please note that this is a two-part Boy Scout Day Program. Scouts must complete the badge’s first requirement before the first session by filling out this worksheet, attend both sessions, and complete the required take-home work between sessions.
Due to the pace and structure of this program, it is suggested that only Scouts entering seventh grade and older during the 2017-2018 school year attend this program.
Notes About this Program
- Blue cards will be provided at the end of the second session.
- Scouts can explore the Da Vinci Science Center feature exhibit Goose Bumps! The Science of Fear presented by St. Luke’s University Health Network during the first session, and explore the special exhibit Jack-O-Lantern Lane during the second session.
- Scouts should register as a troop if other scouts from their troop are attending this program.
- The first two chaperones of any group of more than one scout will be free.
- Additional chaperones are required in groups of ten (10) or more scouts to maintain a 5:1 ratio. All required chaperones are free of charge.
- Scouts may bring their own lunch or order pizza from Domino’s through the Center in advance.
Download printable flyer here (.pdf).