Goose Bumps! The Science of Fear
Goose Bumps! The Science of Fear presented by St. Luke’s University Health Network appears at the Da Vinci Science Center until Sept. 4, 2017. Through fun, interactive challenges, visitors experience fear in a safe environment and discover the science behind their physical and emotional responses.
What Visitors Can Do
- Meet Mr. Goose Bumps, a larger-than-life figure that uses playful animation to show how the brain and body work together to respond to danger.
- Take the Fear Challenge Course and face some common fears, such as the fears of animals, electric shock, and falling.
- Play the Freeze Game and learn how animals survive in their natural environments.
- Delve deeper into the brain system and pathways activated by fear in the Fear Lab.
- Experiment with software that analyzes facial expressions in Faces of Emotion.
School Field Trips
Click here for school field trip information about Goose Bumps! The Science of Fear