Senior Science Mondays
Senior Science Mondays provide the unique opportunity to explore health topics in depth with experts from different healthcare fields. This program is presented by St. Luke’s University Health Network and includes an hour-long presentation by a St. Luke’s expert, along with light refreshments and a full day of exploring the center with a membership or reduced admission.
- RSVP suggested. Limited space available.
- Programs are for adults age 55 and up.
- Presentations are from 1-2 p.m. on select Mondays.
- Programs are included with membership or special $5 admission on program dates.
Monday, March 19, 1-2 p.m.
- Topic: Stroke: From A to Z
- St. Luke’s Presenter: Daniel Ackerman, M.D., Director of Stroke and Vascular Neurology
- Details: Dr. Ackerman will take participants on a fascinating journey to reveal what a stroke really is and some of the many ways that this change in the brain can affect a person. From stroke risk and prevention, through symptoms and evaluation, to rehab and recovery, Dr. Ackerman will cover the crucial points that everyone needs to know.
Monday, April 9, 1-2 p.m.
- Topic: Reduce Your Risk of Falling
- St. Luke’s Presenter: Jesse Buggey, PT, DPT, OCS
- Details: Jesse Buggey will discuss how to reduce your fall risk and improve your strength and stability using the Biodex Balance System offered at Physical Therapy at St. Luke’s. Join us for this presentation and try the Biodex Balance System for yourself!
Contact @Da Vinci Science Center: Jennifer Pors, 484-664-1002, Ext. 118, email@example.com
Senior Science Mondays are part of Exploration Medicine, a partnership between Da Vinci Science Center and St. Luke’s University Health Network, which brings St. Luke’s healthcare expertise to science center education programs.