Hall of Fame Awards
The Da Vinci Science Center has bestowed its Hall of Fame Awards annually since 1999 to educators, high school students, professionals, companies, and community leaders who bring science to life and bring lives to science in eastern Pennsylvania and western New Jersey.
Corporate and community honorees are chosen by the Executive Committee of the Center’s Board of Trustees. Student and educator honorees are chosen by the Center’s Hall of Fame selection committees. The Da Vinci Science Center presents its Hall of Fame Awards traditionally at its annual gala.
2018 Educator Award Nominations
Information coming soon.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Dr. Frank Schweighardt, retired, Air Products
- Spirit of Verrocchio Mentorship Award: Vince Sorgi, Sr. Vice President and CFO, PPL
- Grand Maestro Corporate Award: WFMZ
- Distinguished Female STEM Leadership Award: Cedar Crest College
- Student Excellence Awards: To Be Announced
- Educator Excellence Awards: To Be Announced
Hall of Fame Awards
- Lifetime Achievement Awards: Honoring an individual who has shown an extraordinary commitment to science, education, youth, and the Da Vinci Science Center’s mission throughout their life
- Spirit of Verrocchio Mentorship Award: Award named after a 15th century mentor to a young Leonardo da Vinci recognizing community leaders for their passionate mentorship of the Da Vinci Science Center and its mission
- Student Excellence Award: Honoring high school students who not only excel in science academically, but seek to expand their knowledge and leadership skills outside of the classroom; known as the Apprentice Award from 1999-2012
- Spirit of Leonardo Student Award: Recognizing a high school student who exemplifies the special harmony between art and science in a manner that is consistent with the inspiring life of Leonardo da Vinci
- Educator Excellence Awards: Recognizing excellence and innovation in the teaching of science, the fostering of deep and meaningful student learning, and generation of exceptional student achievement; known from 1999-2012 as the Grand Master Award
- Educator Excellence in Professional Development Award: Recognizing educators for their work as participants in the Da Vinci Science Center’s professional development programs
- Educator Excellence in Technology Award: Recognizing an educator or team of educators that inspire enthusiasm through use of popular and emerging technologies
- Grand Maestro Corporate Award: Recognizing a Da Vinci Science Center partner for its substantial contributions to the scientific community and the Center; award also was given from 2003-2005 to nonprofit organizations and community leadersList of All Award Winners 1999-Present
Special Topic Awards
The Da Vinci Science Center has presented Hall of Fame Awards in recognition for specific attributes and achievements.
- Young Scientist Award (2011-Present)
- Distinguished Female STEM Leadership Award (2016-present)
- Excellence in Sustainability (2015)
- Excellence in Innovation Award (2014)
- Spirit of Leonardo Award for Professionals in Science, Technology, Industry, and Medicine (1999-2006)
- Spirit of Discovery Awards for Professional Achievement (1999-2000)
Contact @DSC: Judy Belaires, CFRE, 484.664.1002, Ext. 102