Hall of Fame Awards
The Da Vinci Science Center honors members of the community who have dedicated themselves to furthering local education efforts in the science, technology, engineering, and mathematics fields at the Hall of Fame Awards.
Held each year during the annual gala in April, the ceremony highlights educators, high school students, companies, and community leaders whose work embodies the science center’s mission of “bringing science to life and lives to science” in eastern Pennsylvania and western New Jersey.
Student Excellence Awards
The science center recognizes four exceptional high school students, who have demonstrated a passion for the sciences both in-and-out of the classroom. Each student receives a $2,000 scholarship.
The nomination period for 2018 Student Excellence and Educator awards is closed.
Educators can be nominated for three honors: the Teacher Excellence Award, the STEM Leadership Award, and the New Educator Excellence Award. These awards honor educators in grades K-12 who inspire enthusiasm for science with innovative approaches.
2018 Hall of Fame Honorees
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Dr. Frank Schweighardt, retired, Air Products
- Spirit of Verrocchio Mentorship Award: Vince Sorgi, Sr. Vice President and CFO, PPL
- Grand Maestro Corporate Award: WFMZ
- Distinguished Female STEM Leadership Award: Cedar Crest College
- Student Excellence Awards: To Be Announced
- Educator Excellence Awards: To Be Announced
Hall of Fame Awards
- Lifetime Achievement Awards: Honoring an individual who has shown an extraordinary commitment to science, education, youth, and the Da Vinci Science Center’s mission throughout their life
- Spirit of Verrocchio Mentorship Award: Award named after a 15th century mentor of young Leonardo da Vinci, recognizing community leaders for their passionate mentorship of the Da Vinci Science Center and its mission
- Grand Maestro Corporate Award: Recognizing a Da Vinci Science Center partner for its substantial contributions to the scientific community and the Center; award also was given from 2003-2005 to nonprofit organizations and community leaders
- Distinguished Female STEM Leadership Award: Recognizing female STEM professionals and organizations for their leadership in advancing STEM opportunities for women and girls and their role fostering mentorship opportunities for girls aspiring to STEM professions
- Student Excellence Award: Honoring high school students who not only excel in science academically, but seek to expand their knowledge and leadership skills outside of the classroom
- Educator Excellence Awards: Recognizing excellence and innovation in the teaching of science, the fostering of deep and meaningful student learning, and generation of exceptional student achievement
- List of All Award Winners 1999-Present
Contact @DSC: Judy Belaires, CFRE, 484.664.1002, Ext. 102