Unveiling of Leonardo’s Horse in Wyoming
The legacy of Leonardo da Vinci’s Horse – the epic bronze sculpture that was more than five centuries in the making – has extended to the American western frontier with placement of a new eight-foot-tall replica in Sheridan, Wyo., that was unveiled on Aug. 20, 2015.
Leonardo da Vinci died in 1519 without realizing his cutting-edge vision for a 24-foot-tall bronze horse sculpture in Italy. Leonardo da Vinci’s Horse, Inc. (LDVHI) – a nonprofit organization founded by the late Charles C. Dent in Allentown, Pa. – actualized that vision on Sept. 10, 1999 by placing a 24-foot-tall bronze horse in Milan, Italy, based on Leonardo’s design.
LDVHI merged in 2003 with the Discovery Center of Science and Technology, which was based in Bethlehem, Pa. The merged organization has become the Da Vinci Science Center in Allentown, Pa. The Da Vinci Science Center owns the intellectual and licensing rights for the Leonardo’s Horse sculpture.
Unveiling Event Program (.pdf)