Home of the Future Competition
Entry Deadline Has Passed
What practical innovation do you want to see in your home by the year 2025? Enter your idea for your chance to win. This competition is being held in conjunction with the Da Vinci Science Center’s presentation of the GE Appliances’ Home 2025 exhibition. The competition is sponsored by GE Appliances, AT&T, and FreshPet.
This competition is open to people of all ages. Your innovation can be in home design, operation, upkeep, appliances, furnishings, or property maintenance. Just submit a description of your concept (no longer than 500 words) with one (1) or two (2) illustrations. Judging will conducted by a panel of designers, engineers, and scientists.
1. What benefits does your innovation provide? Criteria: convenience, savings, enjoyment, safety, health, and impact on energy use.
2. How does your innovation protect the environment?
3. Why is it better than current practices in manufacture, usage, and/or end-of life disposal? Be specific.
4. How is it a creative use of existing and/or emerging technologies?
5. What will be its commercial appeal?
Top Prize: Fridge of the Future and $1,000 Cash
The top prize is a GE Café French Door refrigerator with hot water dispenser and $1,000 cash prize. The GE Café French Door refrigerator is valued at $3,199 and shows the latest trend in home refrigerator design. The top prize winner also will be invited to and introduced during the 2014 Da Vinci Science Center Gala on April 26, 2014.
Additional prizes include a one-year Da Vinci Science Center Family Membership. Selected submissions will be displayed prominently at the Da Vinci Science Center during final week of the GE Appliances’ Home 2025 Exhibition from April 5-13, 2014, and featured on this competition web page.
Entry Rules and Regulations
– All entries must be submitted by March 7, 2014, at 5 p.m. Eastern time.
– Winners will be announced on April 5, 2014.
– Entries must be made through the web form below (preferred) or by completing a printed form and sending by postal mail.
– Hand-delivered and faxed submissions will NOT be accepted.
– Limit one entry per individual.
– All entrants must reside within the Da Vinci Science Center’s 14-county primary service area.
– All submitted information belongs to the author and can be copyrighted by the author.
– All employees and immediate family members of the Da Vinci Science Center and GE are not eligible to enter.
Map and Directions
Sun.: 12-5 p.m.