Field Trip Savings and Scholarships
Free Hands-on Workshops
Free hands-on workshops are available for all students from September through March – a savings of $2 per student.
Teacher Rewards Special Offers
Members of the Teacher Rewards program can combine their free workshop with special offers for additional savings. See More
Linny Fowler Science Inquiry Fund
- The Linny Fowler Science Inquiry Fund provides need- and interest-based scholarships to students for School Field Trips, Outreach Programs, Summer Camps, and other experiences.
- Schools qualifying for Linny Fowler Science Inquiry Fund support serve student bodies in which at least 50 percent of its students qualify for free or reduced-price meals.
- Qualifying child care centers serve student bodies in which more than 50 percent of children qualify for a Pennsylvania Child Care Works (CCW) subsidy.
Application Process and Logistics
- Educators can click here to apply for the Linny Fowler Science Inquiry Fund.
- Applications can be submitted at any time.
- Notifications will be made quarterly on or before March 30, June 30, Sept. 30, and Dec. 31.
- Funds are available to qualified organizations only.
- Organizations will not be granted more than $1,125 per year. Organizations may receive partial funding, based on funds available.
- The Linny Fowler Science Inquiry Fund covers all per-student charges for all Center programs, including field trips, Classroom Science Outreach programs, Outreach Science Shows, and After-School Lab (ASL) programs.
- School field trips supported by the Linny Fowler Science Inquiry Fund must take place between Sept. 1-March 31. Non-school groups also may visit from June 16-Aug. 31.
- The Linny Fowler Science Inquiry Fund does not cover meals or transportation.
Additional Scholarship Opportunities
Contact @DSC: Visitor Services, 610.841.1875