Scout Group Field Trips
The Da Vinci Science Center offers discounted rates to all groups of fifteen (15) or more visitors. Reservations are required for any groups requesting a workshop. With hands-on, interactive science exhibits that offer entertaining experiences rich in educational content, the Center brings together all of the elements that make for memorable group outings.
Select a 30 minute hands-on workshop to enhance your experience at the Center. Each workshop is an additional $5.00 per scout and comes with a Da Vinci Science Center patch.
- Crime Solvers – A kooky criminal is on the loose at the center and it’s your scouts’ job to catch ’em! This silly whodunit-style workshop introduces scouts to forensic sciences and encourages them to hone their investigative skills to help narrow down the suspects. Requirements covered:
- Girl Scout Cadette Special Agent: Try the Science
- Boy Scout Fingerprinting Merit Badge – Requirement 5
- Cub Scout Bear Forensics Elective – Requirement 2
- Roller Coaster Engineer – What better way to test the laws of motion, conservation of energy, and many more physical concepts than by building your very own roller coaster? Scouts work in small groups to design a reliable coaster, complete with flips, dips, and thrills. Requirements covered:
- Girl Scout Junior Entertainment Technology: Try the Science of Amusement Park Rides
- Cub Scout Bear Marble Madness – Requirement 4a (Create a marble race track)
- Slime Science – This workshop all about ooey, gooey, sticky slime is one of our most popular experiences. Scouts compare and measure the properties of some of our pre-made slimes, followed by manipulating variables to make two different slimes to take back home! Requirements covered:
- Girl Scout Brownie Home Scientist: Play with Science
- Cub Scout Webelos/Arrow of Light Adventures in Science – Requirement 3g (Explore safe chemical reactions with household materials)
Scout Field Trip Pricing
|Type||Sept 1 - June 15||June 15 - Aug 31
|Workshop Fee (Per Scout)||$5.00||$5.00
*Hands-on workshops require 15 or more scouts to participate.
Day Program Details
- Scouts may continue visiting Center until 5 p.m.
- One adult per five scouts is required; required chaperones are free
- Additional adults and siblings enter with admission or membership
- Scout groups can pre-order pizza from Domino’s to enjoy during their day programs
- Full payment due with registration
- A DSC Scout Survival Guide is available for free download
We offer a free 30-minute reservation in our café or lab rooms for your group to enjoy one of three lunch options.
- Pizza from Domino’s: Large plain or one-topping pizza – $10.00 per pizza (two pizza minimum). Your order must be placed in advance through our reservation office. We place the order with Domino’s and coordinate delivery for your scheduled lunch time. Bottled beverages available at an additional cost.
- Chick-fil-A Boxed Lunches: Sandwich or Nuggets with fruit salad and drink – $7.00 per lunch (minimum 15 lunches). Your order must be placed in advance through our reservation office. We place the order with Chick-fil-A and coordinate delivery for your scheduled lunch time.
- Bring Your Own: We will store your packed lunches for you until your scheduled lunch period.
Allergy Issues: While the Da Vinci Science Center is not an allergy-free space, we will make every effort to accommodate your special need if you notify us in advance.
Store Visits Made Easy
To help prevent overcrowding for schools choosing to visit the Curiosity Shop, we schedule time for your students to make store purchases. We will be happy to bag and box up all of your purchases and hold onto them until your group is ready to return to school. The store stocks a selection of high-quality books, science activity kits, souvenirs, and branded school supplies.
Click here for Scout Group Field Trip Policies
Please let us know if your group has any special needs when you make your reservation, and we will make every effort to accommodate you.
Parking is free. The main parking lot at the Center can accommodate school buses, as well as cars for chaperones and teachers.
Make a Reservation
Choose from one of four easy ways to make a reservation:
Request a Scout Field Trip
- Phone: Call 610-841-1875
- E-Mail: Send to email@example.com with contact information and best time to reach you
- In Person: Schedule a meeting with a reservations coordinator and visit the Center