H/Experiences/Career Connection Professional Development — Made in America
Career Connection Professional Development — Made in America
The Science Center will host a professional development seminar for local teachers on Wednesday, Nov. 7 in conjunction with our Made in America student career days. The session will run from 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. and will provide 6.5 hours of Act 48 credit.
The price per attendee will be $100, which includes lunch and museum admission. Assistance from the Linny Fowler Science Inquiry Fund is available for low-income schools.
Educators will be able to:
- Learn from STEM professionals about the “soft” job skills that employers look for.
- Help your students grow these employability skills through collaborative projects.
- Discuss ways to meet PA Academic Standards for Career Education & Work and Chapter 339 requirements
- Bring real-world relevance to your lessons and prepare students for success in high-paying STEM fields.
This exciting program will feature talks, Q&A, and a sampling of hands-on classroom activities with:
- Jack Pfunder, Pres. and CEO of the Manufacturers Resource Center (MRC)
- Representatives from ATAS International and Intertek
- Members of the MRC Dream Team
- These young professionals are among the best and brightest in the industry. They encourage students to explore manufacturing careers through interactive classroom presentations. Learn how you can schedule a visit with a member of the Dream Team in your classroom.
- Shannon Williams, LCTI’s community outreach coordinator
- Williams will explain the Career and Technical Education options available to high school students. LCTI students learn by doing, often with job shadows, internships, and coops, in one of five areas of study: Arts and Humanities, Business & Communication Technology, Engineering, Health & Human Services, and Industrial Technology. LCTI students develop the knowledge and skill necessary to secure industry credentials, earn college credit, or both
SAVE THE DATE for these upcoming professional development opportunities:
- Wednesday, Feb. 27 – Women in STEM Career Connection
- Wednesday, March 13 – Healthcare Career Connection