Made in America Career Connection Days
Welcome to the future of engineering, manufacturing, coding, and transportation.
March 4-6, 2020
- Explore a variety of STEM-related careers and businesses.
- Meet & talk to STEM professionals in a relaxed, informal setting.
- Discover pathways to developing STEM skills and experiences outside of school.
- Souvenir booklets with interactive sections designed specifically around Career Education & Work Standards
- Create evidence of standards fulfillment for the student files.
- Special group rate of $7.50 per student
- Participate in a hands-on workshop.
Do That Design
Work as a team to create a new contraption using a set of materials. Then write out how you made it. Can others in your class re-create your design exactly…with just your written instructions? This experience emphasizes the importance of communication in manufacturing.
Explore a real working Mack Truck dashboard up close…then try re-creating the components using Little Bits electronics. Bonus challenge: make all of your components work together as a system!
Engineering Speedy Spuds
Put together your favorite potato-themed childhood toy, Mr. Potato Head. Easy, right? Now take the role of an industrial engineer and make the process faster and better. Do you have what it takes to make the speediest spud?
Special thanks to our sponsors: