Science Social Club: Wine & Frankenstein
Join us on Saturday, Sept. 22, from 6-10 p.m. as we kick off the first Science Social Club of the season and celebrate the 200th anniversary of Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein. Enjoy samples from local wineries, hands on science experiments, a lecture on the science of distilling, and the brand new It’s Alive! science show.
Featuring: Black River Farms, Franklin Hill Vineyards, Weathered Vineyards, Vynecrest Vineyards & Winery
Advance Tickets: $29.95
Tickets at the door: $39.95
Hack-O-Pumpkin Add-on Activity (only available for advance tickets): $15
- Visitors receive eight, 2 oz. samples of wine.
- Food from Josie’s Fancy Funnel Cakes and Fired Up food trucks will be available for sale.
- Experience the distilling process with County Seat Spirits at 8 and 8:30 p.m.
- Explore Jack-O-Lantern Lane, our new-and-improved Halloween walk-through exhibit.
- Experiment with different methods of making FrankenToys, squishy circuits, and more in Leo’s Creativity Studio: Frankenstein’s Lab.
- Discover the science behind Dr. Frankenstein’s electrifying experiments during the It’s Alive! science show.
- Meet Cyndi the SynDaver (synthetic cadaver), presented by Highmark Blue Shield, and check out her complete and functional muscular, skeletal, circulatory, respiratory, gastrointestinal, and endocrine systems – all made from materials that look, feel, and respond just like live tissue.
- As a special add-on, create your own Hack-O-Pumpkin from recycled electronics and other materials.