H/Experiences/Women in Science and Engineering Career Connection Days
Women in Science and Engineering Career Connection Days
Showcasing STEM careers for women and girls
Nov. 13-15, 2019; 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Explore a variety of STEM-related careers and businesses.
- Meet & talk to female STEM professionals in a relaxed, informal setting.
- Discover pathways to developing STEM skills and experiences outside of school.
- Souvenir booklets with interactive sections designed specifically around Career Education & Work Standards
- Create evidence of standards fulfillment for the student files.
- Special group rate of $7.50 per student
- Participate in a hands-on workshop.
See how some of your favorite products are made using extremely cold materials. Students will examine how dry ice and liquid nitrogen affect metal, water, and food; and consider how these substances can be applied to preserving food and manufacturing your favorite metal products.
Catch the Culprit
Explore the modern methods of crime scene investigation and scientifically valid ways to catch the culprit! Review some of the basics of DNA, learn more about perilous poisons, and discover why some of the “slam dunk” evidence presented in courts isn’t quite as claimed. Your detectives-in-training will discover what it takes to maintain Law and Order in an increasingly STEM-literate society!
Take your circuitry skills beyond lighting a bulb! We’ll create connections and go the next step using programming and sensors. Circuit Playground materials use drag and drop code and simplified connectors, making this a great experience for first time electronics engineers.