Lehigh Valley FAST
Lehigh Valley FAST – or Festival of Art, Science, and Technology – is a free carnival-style celebration produced by the Da Vinci Science Center every two years.
[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id=”9″ gal_title=”2016 Lehigh Valley FAST”]
Dozens of exhibitors offer non-stop family-friendly experiments, and interactive activities. The festival’s purpose is to engage people from all socioeconomic backgrounds in inspiring and entertaining experiences with art, science, and technology and raise awareness of careers in the STEM fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
Festivals produced by the Da Vinci Science Center have taken place every other year since 2012 and build upon a national movement begun in 2007 to hold community science festivals across the United States. The name of Lehigh Valley FAST adopted in 2016 represents a widening variety of experiences for festival visitors and highlights the connections between science and the arts.
The 2016 Lehigh Valley FAST was produced in partnership with Make Lehigh Valley and at the PPL Center in Allentown, Pa., on Sunday, Sept. 11, 2016. More than 4,200 community members attended the event.
Click Here for List of Exhibitors
- Allentown Symphony Orchestra: Instrument Petting Zoo
- ATAS International, Inc.: Explore metal roofing and energy savings and operate a mini roll-former
- Barnes & Noble: Innovate, Create, Collaborate with Barnes & Noble and Full STEAM Ahead!
- Cedar Crest College Neuroscience Program: Fun with Brains
- Community Bike Works: Learn how to change a bike tire and learn basic bicycle safety skills
- Computing Technologies (CTL): IT Network Demonstrations
- Da Vinci Science Center: Math Midway
- David Press Designs: Tensegrity String Sculpture
- DeSales University Natural Science Department – Francis Mayville’s Research Group: Healthy Foods
- Fablicator 3-D Printers by K&L Services Group: 3-D Printing All Day
- Girl Develop It Lehigh Valley: Learn to Code with GDILV!
- Girl Scouts of Eastern PA: Ready-Set-Fly with Girl Scouts
- Harsco Industrial Patterson-Kelley: We’ve Got The Heat!
- Igutech Robotics: Hands-on Robotics, Lego Car Racing, and More
- Janotech: FreePlay Music Accompaniment Software
- Lehigh Carbon Community College and LCCC Early Learning Center: Mixing Colors and Dr. Seuss Hats
- Lehigh Career and Technical Institute: Robotics in Manufacturing in Action
- Lehigh University: Build a carbon nanotube and explore biomimetic materials
- Lehigh University Student Materials Society: Exploring Amazing Materials!
- Lehigh Valley Amateur Astronomical Society: Astronomy Explorations
- Lehigh Valley Section of the American Chemical Society: Green Packaging
- Lehigh Valley Health Network: Be America’s Next Top Doctor Robotic Surgery Simulator Game
- Lehigh Valley Health Network Rehabilitation Services: Frenzel Lens Technology Display and Demonstration
- Lehigh Valley Section – American Society of Civil Engineers: Lehigh Valley Civil Engineers
- Lehigh Valley Zoo: The Animal Kingdom
- Lutron Electronics: Lutron Product Demo
- Make Lehigh Valley: Learn to Solder
- Mimic Technologies: Simulation Exercise that Emulates Robotic Surgery
- MTS Ventures: Human-Powered Paper Air Rocket Launches from the PPL Center Floor
- National Museum of Industrial History: Local Resources, Local Industry
- Northampton Community College: Highlighting Educational Opportunities in Over 100 Academic Programs!
- Northampton Community College/Horizons for Youth: Building DNA Molecules Out of Candy
- Nurture Nature Center: Living Local with the Nurture Nature Center
- Polymer Contours: Explore the World of Plastics, From Start to Product
- PPL Dollar Energy Fund: Hands-on “Kilo-Watt Machine”
- Science Rocks! Museum of Natural History: Fossil Fascination
- Society of Women Engineers, Lehigh Valley: Walking on Water
- STEMFab: Learn to Make, Make to Learn
- Subarashii Kudamono Asian Pears of Pennsylvania: Subarashii Superpowers – Healthy Asian Pear Snacks for Festival Sight-Seeing
- Temple/St. Luke’s School of Medicine and St. Luke’s University Health Network: Adventures in Anatomy and Talk With a Physician
- The Baum School of Art: Learn to Be a Screen Printer!
- The Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School: PA Cyber – How Does Programming Control A Circuit?
- The Robot That Totally Saved Cleveland: Can Your Robot Save Cleveland?
- Vintage Computer Federation: Vintage Computers from the 1980s with Software and Classic Games
- Wells Fargo: Money Skills for Life
- Wildlands Conservancy: Underwater Robots and Pollinate This!
- WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff: Sustainability and Energy
- YWCA Bethlehem: YWCA TechGYRLS!
- ZYX Sticks: Build Amazing, Abstract Structures Without Instructions!
The 2014 Lehigh Valley Science Festival was held at Coca-Cola Park in Allentown, Pa., on March 22, 2014.
Contact @DSC: Karen Knecht, 484.664.1002, Ext. 108