Linny Fowler Science Inquiry Fund Scholarships
The Da Vinci Science Center’s Science Inquiry Fund provides need- and interest-based scholarships to students for Center School Field Trips, Outreach Programs, Summer Camps, and other experiences. These scholarships provide students opportunities to explore science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) subjects and careers.
About the Inquiry Fund
- Schools qualifying for Science Inquiry Fund support serve student bodies in which at least 40 percent of its students qualify for free or reduced-price meals.
- Qualifying child care centers serve student bodies in which more than 40 percent of children qualify for a Pennsylvania Child Care Works (CCW) subsidy.
Application Process and Logistics
- Applications can be submitted at any time.
- Notifications will be made on or before Sept. 30, Dec. 31, and April 30.
- Funds are available to qualified organizations only.
- Organizations will not be granted more than $1,500 per year. Organizations may receive partial funding, based on funds available.
- The Linny Fowler Science Inquiry Fund covers all per-student charges for all Science Center programs, including field trips, Outreach Science Programs, and Outreach Science Shows.
- School field trips supported by the Linny Fowler Science Inquiry Fund must take place between Sept. 1-March 31. Summer groups also may visit from June 19-Aug. 31.
- The Linny Fowler Science Inquiry Fund does not cover meals or transportation.
Inquiry Fund Scholarship Contacts
- Field Trips and Memberships: Kelly Martin, 484.664.1002, Ext. 121
- Outreach Programs and Shows: Karen Knecht, 484.664.1002, Ext. 108
- Summer Camp: Joe Schoenly, 484.664.1002, Ext. 149