Senior Science Mondays
Senior Science Mondays provide the unique opportunity to explore health topics in depth with experts from different healthcare fields. This program is presented by St. Luke’s University Health Network and includes an hour-long presentation by a St. Luke’s expert, along with light refreshments and a full day of exploring the center with a membership or reduced admission.
- RSVP suggested. Limited space available.
- Programs are for adults age 55 and up.
- Presentations are from 1-2 p.m. on select Mondays.
- Programs are included with membership or special $5 admission on program dates.
Monday, Nov. 12, 1-2 p.m.
- Orthopedic Surgery
- St. Luke’s Presenter: Scott Doroshow, D.O.
- Dr. Doroshow will use arthroscopy/total joint replacement equipment and models to demonstrate issues with shoulders and knees.
- Register Here
Monday, Dec. 3, 1-2 p.m.
- Stroke: From A to Z
- St. Luke’s Presenter: Daniel Ackerman, M.D., Director of Stroke and Vascular Neurology
- Dr. Ackerman will take participants on a fascinating journey to reveal what a stroke really is and some of the many ways that this change in the brain can affect a person. From stroke risk and prevention, through symptoms and evaluation, to rehab and recovery, Dr. Ackerman will cover the crucial points that everyone needs to know.
- Register Here
Contact @Da Vinci Science Center: Jennifer Pors, 484-664-1002, Ext. 118, email@example.com
Senior Science Mondays are part of Exploration Medicine, a partnership between Da Vinci Science Center and St. Luke’s University Health Network, which brings St. Luke’s healthcare expertise to science center education programs.