The Da Vinci Science Center offers a variety of volunteer opportunities for people ages 15 and up. These exciting opportunities welcome volunteers who enjoy working with people while bringing science to life and lives to science.
2017 Volunteer Opportunities
At the Da Vinci Science Center, we have the most fun with science. We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help us bring science to life on our exhibit floor and assist with our public programs. Come join our volunteer team and help inspire the next generation of scientists and engineers. We are now accepting volunteer applications to start in the spring of 2017.
Application Deadline: Jan. 27, 2017
- Applicants must be available on Feb 1, 2017, for a group interview and on Feb. 8, 2017 for orientation.
- Applicants must be willing to serve at least four (4) consecutive hours when scheduled.
- Checks of Pennsylvania Child Abuse Record and Pennsylvania Criminal Record Background required for all volunteers.
Teen Exhibit Floor Volunteer Program
Application Process Closed for Summer 2016: Check back next year to see how you can join our Teen Exhibit Floor Volunteer Program. Our Teen Volunteer program offers students ages 15-17 opportunities to gain important experience during their summer breaks and inspire Center visitors to enjoy the wonders of science around them. The Center looks for enthusiastic, curious people who are comfortable engaging with children, individuals, and groups and have skills in public speaking and customer service.
Additional Volunteer Opportunities for Adults
- Exhibit Floor Volunteers: Enthusiastic, curious people who inspire visitors to enjoy the wonders of science around them. These volunteers should be comfortable speaking with individuals and groups and be able to work on the exhibit floor for up to four consecutive hours.
- Volunteer Staff Assistants: People who work in the Center’s offices on a variety of tasks – including sorting and counting materials, copying, cutting patterns, tracing, and laminating. These volunteers should be able to execute repeated hand work carefully and to pay attention to details.
- Volunteer Facility and Exhibit Technicians: People who repair exhibits and program pieces and help construct educational devices. These volunteers should be able to work independently and possess the ability to be creative in problem-solving and developing solutions. The ability to lift 20-30 pounds is helpful, but not essential.
- All Da Vinci Science Center adult volunteers will be required to volunteer for at least 36 hours over a three-month period and complete the clearance process.
Contact @DSC: Joan K. Amaya, 484.664.1002, Ext. 129