Select a Background Theme
Close

Ice Cream Wars


 
Ice Cream Wars is the Da Vinci Science Center’s wintry celebration of liquid nitrogen ice cream. Teams from many of the Center’s partner companies mix creative ice cream flavors before adding liquid nitrogen as a freezing agent. Visitors taste the flavors and choose their favorite flavor. Teams also decorate their stations, distribute gifts, dress colorfully, bring along mascots and props, and cheer enthusiastically throughout the competition.

How It Happens

While liquid nitrogen stands at negative 320 degrees Fahrenheit, it evaporates quickly when mixed with the ice cream ingredients. The smooth, creamy ice cream is safe to eat in approximately five minutes. Ice Cream Wars also features Judges’ Awards for spirit, sportsmanship, and creativity.

Ice Cream Wars 7.0

Ice Cream Wars 7.0 will be held on Saturday, Jan. 10, 2015, from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Nine companies from eastern Pennsylvania, including defending champion 401! Creative Weidenhammer, have begun crafting their liquid nitrogen culinary delight to serve to visitors. The visitor vote will count for 75 percent of the formula that determines which team is crowned Ice Cream Wars 7.0 Champion. A panel of foodie fans also will cast a vote that will count for the remaining 25 percent of the championship formula. WFMZ 69 News Reporter Will Lewis returns as Ice Cream Wars 7.0 host.

Event Details
Date Saturday, Jan. 10, 2015
Time 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
Location Da Vinci Science Center
Price Included with admission or member entry

 

Ice Cream Wars 7.0 Teams
       
     
     

 


Ice Cream Wars Champion Teams

6.0: 401!, 401! Creative
5.0: Team Kilowatt, PPL Corporation
4.0: 401!, 401! Creative
3.0: Daddy and the Three Js, Da Vinci Science Center
2.0: Bean Town Brats, Da Vinci Science Center
1.0: Vanilla Ice, Da Vinci Science Center

Ice Cream Wars Winning Recipes

6.0: Four-Oh-Waffle – Mini chocolate chips, bite-sized waffles, maple syrup, strawberries
5.0: Coal Cookie Crunch – Vanilla, Oreo cookies, chocolate syrup, marshmallow cream
4.0: Strawberry Cookie Crunch – Vanilla, fresh strawberries, red food coloring, Oreo cookies
3.0: Rainbow Ripple – Oreo cookies, food coloring, and caramel (mystery ingredient)
2.0: Oreo Cheesecake – Oreo cookies, strawberry cheesecake
1.0: Cool Vanilla – Vanilla extract
 
Contact @DSC: Dennis Zehner, 4848.664.1002, Ext. 112
 

 
 
Location
3145 Hamilton Blvd. Bypass Allentown, PA 18103 484.664.1002
Map and Directions
Hours
Mon.- Sat.: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Sun.: 12-5 p.m.
Prices
Current Conditions
Wednesday, December 31st - 7:00 pm

°F

Three-Day Forecast
Friday
Dec 19th

High

Low

Saturday
Dec 20th

High

Low

Sunday
Dec 21st

High

Low

Close
 

Our Calendar

See All Events