The Da Vinci Science Center offers a variety of volunteer opportunities for people ages 15 and up. These exciting opportunities welcome volunteers who enjoy working with people while bringing science to life and lives to science.
Adult Volunteer Opportunities
At the Da Vinci Science Center in Allentown, we have the most fun with science. We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help us bring science to life on our exhibit floor and assist with our public programs. Come join our Da Vinci Volunteer Team and help inspire the next generation of scientists and engineers.
- Applicants must be willing to serve at least four (4) consecutive hours when scheduled.
- Checks of Pennsylvania Child Abuse Record and Pennsylvania Criminal Record Background required for all volunteers.
Adult Volunteer Program
- Exhibit Floor Volunteers: Enthusiastic, curious people who inspire visitors to enjoy the wonders of science around them. These volunteers should be comfortable speaking with individuals and groups and be able to work on the exhibit floor for up to four consecutive hours.
- Volunteer Staff Assistants: People who work in the center’s offices on a variety of tasks – including sorting and counting materials, copying, cutting patterns, tracing, and laminating. These volunteers should be able to execute repeated hand work carefully and to pay attention to details.
- Volunteer Facility and Exhibit Technicians: People who repair exhibits and program pieces and help construct educational devices. These volunteers should be able to work independently and possess the ability to be creative in problem-solving and developing solutions. The ability to lift 20-30 pounds is helpful, but not essential.
- Volunteer Office Clerk: People who have some office/clerical experience in data entry, filing, organizing, working with spreadsheets, some computer skills, making phone calls, and other clerical duties. These volunteers should be able to use a computer, keyboard, mouse, copier, scanner, and printer. The ability to lift 15 – 20 pounds is preferred, but not essential.
- All Da Vinci Science Center adult volunteers will be required to volunteer for at least 36 hours over a three-month period and complete the clearance process.
Do you have a passion for science? Are you looking for ways to make a positive impact on your community? The Da Vinci Science Center Summer Volunteer Program could be the perfect fit for you! From June- August, Da Vinci teen volunteers help bring science to life on our exhibit floor and in summer camps.
Summer Teen Volunteer Program
Teen Volunteer Program
Da Vinci Science Center
3145 Hamilton Blvd. Bypass
Allentown, PA 18103
Contact: Human Resources, 484-664-1002, Ext. 129