Groups of 60 or more people who are interested in having the Science Center all to themselves can request a private camp-in on a date of their choice featuring one of the following exciting hands-on topics.*
*Based on availability. Base cost is $2,400 for up to 60 people, $40 per additional person. Pizza and drink options provided for an additional cost.
Da Vinci Crime Lab Patch
A crime has occurred at the Science Center. Learn how to use forensic science to discover “whodunnit”. Everyone is a suspect on this mysterious night of fingerprints, DNA, and forensic chemistry.
Da Vinci Art of Science Patch
Leonardo da Vinci was a great artist, scientist, and engineer. Learn how his creative mind helped him to excel in these fields with activities inspired by Leonardo’s life. Follow in his footsteps by exploring the science of optical illusions, engineer a catapult, and get creative by molding and casting your own work of art.
Da Vinci Wizarding World
Discover a world where magic and science meet! On this special night, our Wizarding Professors will lead you in experiments with potions, troll boogers, dragons and golden snitches.
Da Vinci Make It!
Recommended for students in grades 4 and up
($5 additional charge per scout)
Join the Maker Movement by participating in this one-of-a-kind Da Vinci Science Center program! Learn about circuits, robotic programming, and more. This program includes a Da Vinci Maker badge rocker and a scribble-bot to take home!
Da Vinci Unlocked
Groups can make their own camp-in by choosing from the list of activities below. The number of activities available depends on the size of the camp-in group.
- Slime Science: Who doesn’t love Slime? Create and explore two different slimes by using the scientific method.
- Wind Tubes: The sky’s the limit as we engineer a contraption that will fly in the Science Center’s wind tubes.
- Wacky Weather: Ever see lightning inside a room? How about a cloud in a bottle? See these things and more as they learn about the science of storms.
- Fun with Dry Ice: The title says it all. There is nothing more sublime to explore than sublimation.
- Colorology: Create all of the colors of the rainbow using only the primary colors and learn how a rainbow is created using light.
- Thrill Ride: Become roller coaster engineers as they team up to design a coaster that can go upside down.
Programs Just for Scouts!
We are able to do up to two different programs for your group of scouts in one night (with a minimum of 30 people in each program). Each program is developed with the requirements for the scout award in mind and most can fulfill all requirements in one night and come with a badge!
- Daisies – Between Earth and Sky Journey, Three Cheers for Animals Journey
- Brownies – Wonders of Water Journey, Home Scientist Badge, and Inventor Badge
- Juniors – Get Moving Journey, Flowers Badge, and Entertainment Technology Badge
- Cadettes – Woodworker Badge, Digital Movie Maker Badge, and Special Agent Badge
- Tigers – Curiosity, Intrigue, and Magical Mysteries Belt Loop
- Wolves – Digging in the Past Belt Loop, Motor Away Belt Loop
- Bears – Super Science Belt Loop, Robotics Belt Loop
- Webelos/Arrow of Light – Earth Rocks! Pin, Adventures in Science Pin, and Movie Making Pin
Boy Scouts – Space Exploration Merit Badge, Electricity Merit Badge
- Programs take place from 6 p.m.-9 a.m.
- Brown bag dinners permitted; evening snack and continental breakfast provided
- Scout groups can pre-order pizza from Domino’s to enjoy during their programs
- One adult per five scouts is required
- A DSC Scout Survival Guide is available for free download