H/Experiences/Women in Science & Engineering: STEAM in Action
Women in Science & Engineering: STEAM in Action
Career Connection Days
Showcasing STEAM careers for women and girls
February 21 & 22, 2024; 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Explore a variety of STEAM-related careers and businesses.
- Meet real female STEAM professionals.
- Discover pathways to developing STEAM skills and experiences outside of school.
- Souvenir booklets with interactive sections designed specifically around Career Education & Work Standards
- Create evidence of standards fulfillment for the student files.
- Participate in a hands-on workshop.
Shock & Awesome
We invite students to explore the fundamentals of electricity using batteries, wires, buzzers, and lights. By completing design challenges posed by our educator, students will discover the importance of trial and error in the scientific process. The coolest part is that there is never just one solution to any problem, and what you learn may just shock you!
What better way to test the laws of motion, conservation of energy, and many more physical concepts than by building your very own roller coaster? Students work in small groups to design a reliable coaster complete with flips, dips, and thrills.
To register, contact the Reservations Office at 610-841-1875.