The Da Vinci Science Center’s Linny Fowler STEAM Scholarship Fund (formerly known as the Science Inquiry Fund) provides need- and interest-based scholarships to students for Science Center Virtual STEAM Programs, Science Clubs, School’s Out Science Camps, and other experiences. These scholarships provide students opportunities to explore science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) subjects and careers.
About the Linny Fowler STEAM Scholarship Fund
- Schools qualifying for scholarship support serve student bodies in which at least 40 percent of its students qualify for free or reduced-price meals.
- Qualifying child care centers serve student bodies in which more than 40 percent of children qualify for a Pennsylvania Child Care Works (CCW) subsidy.
Application Process and Logistics
- Applications can be submitted at any time.
- Notifications will be made on a rolling basis. Our small but mighty team will get back to you as soon as possible, but please allow at least one month to be notified and schedule your program date.
- Funds are available to qualified organizations and individuals only.
- Organizations will not be granted more than $1,500 per year. Organizations or individuals may receive partial funding, based on funds available.
- The Linny Fowler STEAM Scholarship Fund covers all per-student charges for all Science Center programs.
- School Field Trips supported by the Linny Fowler STEAM Scholarship Fund must take place between Sept. 1-March 31. Summer groups also may visit from June 19-Aug. 31.
- The Linny Fowler STEAM Scholarship Fund does not cover meals or transportation.
- Summer Camp scholarship funds will be awarded in two rounds — on June 5 and July 7. Please have your applications submitted by May 22 or July 3 in order to be considered. Funds cannot be awarded for camp dates that have already passed.
Linny Fowler STEAM Scholarship Contacts