School Field Trips
The Da Vinci Science Center is passionate about providing fun learning experiences. Our popular exhibits, hands-on workshops, and live science shows will engage your students as active participants in the learning process. Highlights for field trip groups during the 2019-20 school year include our Career Connection Days, Be the Astronaut space activities, and lots of projects in Leo’s Creativity Studio. Call 610-841-1875 to plan your field trip today.
School Field Trip Pricing
| ||Sept. - March||April - June
|Group Admission (1)||$9.50||$9.50
|Hands-on Workshop (2)||Free||$2
|Live Science Show (2)||$2||Free
|Leo’s Creativity Studio (3)||Free||Free
|Jack-O-Lantern Lane (4)||Free||N/A
|Be the Astronaut (5)||Free||Free
- A field trip must consist of 15 or more students.
- Choose an additional workshop or live science show for $2 more per student now through March 31.
- Leo’s Creativity Studio is subject to availability. Ask your reservation specialist for more information.
- Jack-O-Lantern Lane is presented Sept. 24 – Nov. 3, 2019
- Be the Astronaut is presented March 25 – Sept. 2, 2019
School groups during the 2018-19 school year receive the opportunity to enjoy the Center’s two-story exhibit floor. See More
Select a 30-or 60-minute grade-level appropriate workshop and your students can design and build a roller coaster, learn techniques for solving crimes, or learn about the inner workings of the human body. These experiences make the standards come to life for your students. Workshops are free from September through March and $2 per student from April through June.
Live Science Shows
Professional museum educators will captivate your students while presenting a 25-minute live science show tailored to your students’ grade level. See More
Career Connection Days
The Da Vinci Science Center’s Career Connection Days allow students to take an up-close look at STEM careers and speak with STEM professionals. See More
- Made in America: Nov. 8-10
- Women in Science and Engineering: Feb. 28, March 1-2
- Healthcare Connections: March 14-16
Jack-O-Lantern Lane has a new resident in town…Dr. Frankenstein!
Join us as we celebrate the 200th anniversary of Mary Shelly’s Frankenstein with an immersive walk-through exhibit experience featuring a giant Newton’s Cradle, interactive Circuit House, and Frankenstein’s Lab. In Frankenstein’s Lab students can experiement with electric circuits, automatons, and design their own monster masks.
- Stroll through Halloween town and admire more than 50 spectacular Jack-O-Lanterns.
- Navigate through a not so spooky forest and watch colors pop from the wall with our special chromadepth glasses.
- Experiment with a circuit house to change the color of the house using pumpkins.
- Discover how quickly sound travels with the sound tree.
- Explore with magnetic gears on our stone wall, visit Newton’s pumpkins, and much more.
- Invent, experiment, and create in Frankenstein’s Lab.
- Take a group photo in our fall-themed photo op area.
It’s Alive! Science Show
Available Sept. 22 through Nov. 4, 2018
The It’s Alive! Science Show celebrates the 200th anniversary of Mary Shelly’s Frankenstein. Educators help students experience the power of electricity, explore chemical reactions, and learn how science fiction inspires science fact.
The magic and artistry of Lightwire Theater is coming to the Da Vinci Science Center. Lightwire combines performance and technology to bring stories to life in jaw-dropping fashion. The group will perform select shows of DINO-LIGHT for field trips in November and December.
Shows are available Friday, Nov. 30, Dec. 7, and Dec. 14 at 11 a.m., 12:30 p.m., and 1:30 p.m.
- Dino Light Show Package – $11.50 per student
- Admission to the Science Center and Dino Light Show
- Includes entry, lunch time, exhibit floor time, and special workshop
- Special Workshops: Dig Into Dinos or Electronics
- Dino Light Deluxe Package – $12.50 per student
- All the above plus an upgraded workshop: Dig Into Dinos Deluxe or Electronics Deluxe
- Includes a take home project and materials
Dig Into Dinos
Grades: Pre-K – 4
Duration: 30 Minutes
Pint-sized paleontologists visit several stations to practice digging for fossils, hypothesizing what they may have been, and learning what makes dinosaurs different from modern animals. Students also feel our very own fossilized dino poop!
Dig Into Dinos Deluxe
Grades: Pre-K – 4
Duration: 45 Minutes
Students will work to create their very own take home dinosaur paper puzzle using a die-cut machine and other real tools.
Shock and Awesome
Grades: 3 – 12
Duration: 30 Minutes
This updated workshop invites students to explore the fundamentals of electricity by completing design challenges. There is never just one solution to any problem, and what you learn may just shock you!
Shock and Awesome Deluxe
Grades: 3 – 12
Duration: 45 Minutes
Students will apply their knowledge of electronics and circuitry into their very own paper circuit project.
Teacher Rewards Program
Join the Teacher Rewards Program to receive special field trip offers and other great benefits. See More
We offer a free 30-minute reservation in our café for your group to enjoy one of three lunch options.
- Pizza from Domino’s: Large plain or one-topping pizza – $10 per pizza (two pizza minimum). Your order must be placed in advance through our reservation office. We place the order with Domino’s and coordinate delivery for your scheduled lunch time. Bottled beverages available at an additional cost.
- Chick-fil-A Boxed Lunches: Sandwich or Nuggets with fruit salad and drink – $7 per lunch (minimum 10 lunches). Your order must be placed in advance through our reservation office. We place the order with Chick-fil-A and coordinate delivery for your scheduled lunch time.
- Bring Your Own: We will store your packed lunches for you until your scheduled lunch period.
Allergy Issues: While the Da Vinci Science Center is not an allergy-free space, we will make every effort to accommodate your special need if you notify us in advance.
Store Visits Made Easy
To help prevent overcrowding for schools choosing to visit the Curiosity Shop, we schedule time for your students to make store purchases. We will be happy to bag and box up all of your purchases and hold onto them until your group is ready to return to school. You are free to distribute the individually-named bags to students either at the Center, while on the bus ride home, or when you return to school. The store stocks a selection of high-quality books, science activity kits, souvenirs, and branded school supplies.
Savings and Scholarships
Check out how to save on your field trip or apply for a scholarship from one of several sources. See More
Please let us know if your group has any special needs when you make your reservation and we will make every effort to accommodate you.
Parking is free. The main parking lot at the Center can accommodate school buses as well as cars for chaperones and teachers.
- One free chaperone is required for every five students in Pre-K through second grade.
- One free chaperone is required for every 10 students in grades three and up.
- Additional chaperones – $9.50 per person (Sept. 1- June 15)/ $10.50 per person (June 16- Aug. 31)
- Bus drivers receive free admission
- Chaperones are not required to pay additional workshop fees.
- Dino Light Show Fees apply to all visitors including chaperones.
A $50 non-refundable deposit is required upon confirmation of your reservation. Purchase orders are accepted in advance only and will not be accepted on the day of your visit. Full payment is required either in advance or upon arrival on the day of your visit. Payments must be made in a single transaction. Group participants may not pay separately.
Changes in Group Size
If your group size changes after you make your reservation, please notify us as soon as possible, but no later than 5 p.m. on the day before your visit. Any additions are subject to availability and are not guaranteed access to workshops, shows, or other programs.
Rescheduling and Cancellation
Please call us immediately if you need to reschedule. We will make every effort to accommodate your request. If you need to cancel your visit, please contact us at least two weeks in advance. A $25.00 fee will be assessed for rescheduling.
Make a Reservation
Choose from one of four easy ways to make a reservation.
- Phone: Call 610-841-1875
- E-Mail: Send to firstname.lastname@example.org with contact information and best time to reach you
- In Person: Schedule a meeting with a reservations coordinator and visit the Center
- Web: Complete the School Field Trip Request Form