What are Career Connection Days?
- Explore a variety of STEM-related careers and businesses.
- Meet & talk to STEM professionals in a relaxed, informal setting.
- Discover pathways to developing STEM skills and experiences outside of school.
- Participate in a hands-on workshop relating to the day’s career theme. (Not available for virtual events.)
- Souvenir booklets with interactive sections designed specifically around Career Education & Work Standards (Digital version available for virtual events.)
- Create evidence of standards fulfillment for the student files.
Standards addressed include:
- 13.1 Career Awareness and Preparation
- 13.1.5 and 13.1.8 (D) Local Career Preparation Opportunities
- 13.1.5 and 13.1.8 (E) Career Selection Influences
- 13.1.5 and 13.1.8 (F) Preparation for Careers
- 13.3 Career Retention and Advancement
- 13.3.8 (A) Work Habits
- 13.3.8 (B) Cooperation and Teamwork
- 13.3.8 (G) Lifelong Learning
Recommended for middle school-age students and their families; appropriate for all ages.
Field trip groups receive workshops and giveaways at a special group rate for these events. Please follow the event links to the right for more details.